The Sallisaw Sports Complex currently has 8 fields divided into a North Quad of 4 multi-purpose fields, and a South Quad of 4 baseball fields, with 4 extra large portable mounds to accommodate all age groups. The fields have state of the art Musko lighting, and can be irrigated by wireless control. The complex also features a large warm-up area. In the near future, the following features hope to be added:
- shade structures for spectators (under construction)
- buildings for air-conditioned coach conference rooms, umpire dressing rooms (1 complete, 1 under construction)
- additional restrooms (under construction!)
- scoreboards for all 8 fields (purchased!)
- an additional quad with 4 multi-purpose fields
- additional parking
- adjacent lighted jogging/walking trail (grant approved!)
- additional fencing for central entrance/gate (under construction!)
Directions to Sallisaw Sports Complex:
From I-40 West, take exit 311, turn right (East) at end of ramp onto highway 64, and look for complex on your right.
From I-40 East, take exit 311, veer left before getting to the end of the ramp, turn left (East) onto highway 64, travel under the I-40 bridge and look for the complex on your right.
The City of Sallisaw maintains a webpage displaying our FANTASTIC NEW FACILITY
Sallisaw Sports Complex Map
Sallisaw Youth League is excited about the Sallisaw Sports Complex that has been in the works for the past few years. The Sallisaw Youth & Recreation Commission of the City of Sallisaw has diligently worked on the design of the Complex. Below is an architectural rendering of Phase I.
By a 366-210 margin, a 1/2 cent sales tax was approved by the wonderful citizens of Sallisaw, which has funded Phase I of the Sallisaw Sports Complex.
Click the link below to access the architectural drawings for all phases of the new complex:
As you can see, once the Complex is complete, Sallisaw will be uniquely situated to host numerous sporting events that will benefit not only Sequoyah County, but all of Eastern Oklahoma and Western Arkansas.